This is the opportunity of a lifetime! Set amongst the extraordinary natural scenery of Mount Barrow, and only 35 minutes from Launceston, this home has the ability to be powered independently.
Built in 2009, the home has a practical floor plan, which includes an open plan living area, three spacious bedrooms (master bedroom has the bonus of a two-person spa with views to the mountain) and 2 large bathrooms and large picture windows to take advantage of the stunning mountain views. The property boasts views of different elements of the environment from each window in the home, and from the front stairs you may even catch a glimpse of Bass Straight and Flinders Island Group on a clear day.
The house is contemporary and well insulated, with double glazed windows and insulation in walls and ceiling. To keep you comfortable all year round you have a range of heating options to choose from, including wood, two pellet heaters and a reverse air conditioning unit. The house has 31,000 litres of tank water available for drinking plus another 24,000 in case of emergencies. The property also has one dam.
The home has a battery bank (21 kw hours of lithium batteries for your power supply, plus 3 kw solar panels and a Honda generator to assist recharging batteries on a cloudy day). NBN is available via satellite.
The 20 hectares of land needs to be explored to be appreciated. It is an astonishing landscape of wilderness, open fields and rain forest. There is a variety of wildlife from wombats, eagles, possums and wallabies, to name a few.
The local corner shop is also a post office, the petrol station is only a 20-minute drive, and 30 minutes to the Newstead shopping centre. There are also school buses available on the Tasman Highway.
• Uninterrupted views of the mountain;
• Off grid property - own power supply, plus 31,000L tank water and 24,000L for emergencies;
• 20.98 hectares of land, including partial rain forest;
• 2009 build, double glazing, wall and ceiling insulated;
• 1 dam on the property;
• Numerous heating options including - reverse cycle, wood, and 2 pellet heaters;
• Oven and hot water run by bottled gas;
• 3 kw of solar panels plus battery bank (21 kwh lithium batteries & generator included);
• NBN satellite;
• Small cabin in rain forest (needs restoring);
• Fuel tax rebate available due to living off grid;
• Manual will be available to purchasers for operating generator, NBN etc.;
• Approximately 35 minutes' drive to Launceston.
Year Built: 2009
House Size: 159m2
Land Size: 20.98Ha
Council Rates: $1,400 pa approx
Municipality: Launceston City
School Catchments: St Leonards Primary
Zoning: Rural Resource
Sims for Property has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the information in this document which has been sourced from means which are considered reliable, however we cannot guarantee accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.